No fewer than 11 persons were killed in Maiduguri, on Tuesday night in a multiple bomb explosions.
The News Agency of Nigeria gathered from a reliable source who pleaded anonymity that the first and second explosions occurred at about 9.45 p.m. at Mulaikalmari, some six kms away from Maiduguri.
The source also revealed that eight persons, including the suicide bombers were killed in the attack. Three persons were also killed and five others wounded in the third and fourth explosions, which occurred about 20 minutes later at Polo-Sabon Gari area of Maiduguri, according to the source, who said he helped in the evacuation of the victims from the scenes of the explosion.
“All the attacks occurred in the outskirts of the metropolis. “It is a foiled attempt by Boko Haram insurgents to infiltrate the town.” The source added that security teams had been drafted to the affected areas to ascertain the situation.
He disclosed that those wounded were referred to the Special Hospital, Maiduguri for medical care.
The Police are yet to comment on the incident, as they could not be reached.
However, the Chairman of the State Emergency Management Agency, Alhaji Satomi Ahmed, who confirmed the attacks, said his officials have been mobilized to the scenes. “Thanks to the hard work of our Emergency Response Teams we were able to put together a prompt response,” he said